5/12/09

Flowers

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've either been too busy or too tired.=) The Hike was so much fun!! I am finally un-sore!!! Still pretty tired though. Anyways........for those of you who don't know, I play trumpet in Miss Kay's homeschool band.......Last night we had our Star Wars band concert. It was.......interesting. The band played ok. Miss Kay dressed up as Yoda! It was pretty funny. Kinda hard to hear her through the mask though. They were going to show some Star Wars clips on the side of her house w/ a projector, but it wasn't dark enough. So.........we had a 10 min. break to wait for the sun to go down. Kinda strange, but I guess that's Missouri for ya.=) At one point, some of the kids(dressed up as Jedi and other stuff) had a battle. I think everyone ended up dead. It was................indescribable. We carpooled w/ the Hickles though(all 12 seats taken) and that was fun. Except for Zeke and Isaac yelling in my ear the whole way home. But other than that the ride was enjoyable. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures at the concert. O well.

At the cast party(which was really fun), we got the audio CD of PoP(Pirates of Penzance). We've pretty much been listening to it non-stop. Elizabeth loves it! Now she and Isaac have something to dance to and sing along with.

Dad and I have been running almost every morning, but he hurt his calf or something, so we haven't run lately. We did go for a walk in the woods Mon. morning(we jogged part of it). I didn't take my camera that time because I was w/ Dad and wouldn't be able to keep up w/ him. One thing I discovered is that I am terrible at walking(for exercise). I have short legs so I'm super slow. I jog/run slow too, but it's easier to change speed and keep up if you're running or jogging.

Whenever I walk in the woods and around our property(and I'm not trying to keep up w/ someone), I try to remember my camera, because you never know what you'll see! Here are some flower and animal pictures I've taken over the last month or so. Hope you enjoy them!=)










This is a dragonfly I found on our pond.



As I was wandering aimlessly through the long grass in our backyard(don't ask me why, it is kinda fun though), there were a whole lot of butterflies and I finally got an ok shot of one. I love butterflies!=)

Tadpoles!


No comments:

Post a Comment